Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information” refers to “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Law, and refers to information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other description contained in the information, as well as information that can identify the specific individual by itself, such as appearance, fingerprints, voice print data, and health insurance card insurer number. Information that can identify a specific individual by itself, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions contained in the information.
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
When a user registers for use, we may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number. In addition, transaction records and payment information, including the user’s personal information, between the user and our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.; hereinafter referred to as “partners”) will be used by our partners to provide the user with the service. Hereinafter referred to as “partners”). The information may be collected from our business partners (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc.).
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes for which we collect and use personal information are as follows
- To provide and operate our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including to confirm the identity of the user)
- To send you information about new features, updates, campaigns, etc. of the services you are using, as well as information about other services provided by us.
- To contact you as necessary for maintenance, important notices, etc.
- To allow users to view, change, or delete their own registration information, or view the status of their usage.
- To charge users for paid services
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably deemed that the purpose of use is relevant to the purpose of use before the change.
In the event of a change in the purpose of use, the Company shall notify the user or publicly announce on this website the purpose of use after the change by the method prescribed by the Company.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Except in the following cases, we will not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the user. However, this excludes cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- When it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee
- The purpose of use must include provision to a third party
- Data items provided to third parties
- Means or method of provision to third parties
- Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual
- How to accept the person’s request
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the recipient of such information shall not be considered a third party
- When we outsource all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons
- In cases where personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and where the person is notified in advance or is made readily accessible to the person of this fact, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of the joint use, the purpose of use by the person using the information, and the name or title of the person responsible for managing the personal information. or the name of the person responsible for the management of such personal information is made readily accessible to the person in advance.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When we receive a request for disclosure of personal information from an individual, we will disclose such information to the individual without delay. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the personal information in the following cases, and if we decide not to disclose the personal information, we will notify you to that effect without delay.
Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in principle, the Company will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical information and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
If the User’s personal information held by the Company is incorrect, the User may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correct, etc.”) his/her personal information in accordance with the procedures prescribed by the Company. The User may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (“Correction, etc.”) his/her personal information.
If we receive a request from a user as described in the preceding paragraph and deem it necessary to respond to that request, we will correct the relevant personal information without delay.
In the event of correction, etc. based on the preceding paragraph, or in the event of a decision not to make such correction, etc., the Company shall notify the User of such decision without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
If we are requested by an individual to cease use or delete his/her personal information (hereinafter referred to as “cease of use, etc.”) on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been obtained through wrongful means, we will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, we determine that it is necessary to comply with the request, we will suspend the use of the relevant personal information, etc. without delay.
In the event of suspension of use, etc. based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or in the event of a decision not to suspend use, etc., the Company shall notify the user of such decision without delay.
Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, in cases where it is difficult to take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of users due to the large cost of suspension of use or other difficulties in taking such measures, such alternative measures shall be taken.
The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the user, except as otherwise provided by law or otherwise in this policy.
Article 10 (Contact for Inquiries)
Please direct any inquiries regarding this policy to the following contact point.
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00-18:00 (except year-end and New Year holidays)